Responsible for overseeing all office operations within the Cultural Resources Division, including but not limited to work in budgeting, accounting, purchasing, managing records and central files, coordinating meetings and travel arrangements, compiling and preparing reports, and supervision of support staff under general direction.
- Administers procedures to ensure effective office systems in interoffice communications, fiscal monitoring, correspondence, files and records management (maintenance & disposition).
- Oversees the operations of the Bishop Museum Press and performs duties relating to stock management, sales, and distribution.
- Responsible for monitoring and processing purchase orders, verifies receipts, and processes invoices for payment.
- Assists division manager with administration of personnel, safety and operational systems to comply with organizational policies & procedures; assists with payroll timekeeping. Initiates, executes and monitors personnel forms, vacation requests, travel requests and reports, and other related forms as required by procedures.
- Assists division manager with preparation of budgets; responsible for monitoring expenditures to maintain fiscal propriety and to ensure a balanced budget.
- Provides/prepares statistical and other information to key museum operating functions (accounting, legal, etc.) as requested.
- Maintains and monitors central departmental files and records of information such as statistics, budgets, purchases, production, and cost records, including material that may be confidential in nature. Monitors daily use of office supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring timelines of appointments, agendas/meetings, travel itineraries for key departmental staff members.
5+ years of business, administrative, executive secretary experience or 1-2 years in responsible office management capacity; supervisory experience
2 years of college or business school degree; Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work with diverse groups.
- Computer literate (word processing, spreadsheets, database), FAX machine and other office equipment.
- Computer and typewriter use involve fingering ability and hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, vendors and outside tradespersons, both in person and over the phone.
- Good to excellent corrective vision needed; position duties involve reading and writing up to large amounts of material, including, reports correspondence, memos, numerical data, and spreadsheets.
Salary: $31,281 – $34,756
Deadline to Apply: Application will remain posted until the position is filled.
To Apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=bm1525&jobId=149204
For More Information: http://www.bishopmuseum.org/careers/