The Vice President of Finance is a key leadership position that will play a critical role in Bishop Museum’s successful growth. Reporting to the SVP & COO, the Vice President of Finance is a member of the Museum’s senior leadership team and is a corporate officer serving as the organization’s Treasurer. The position is responsible for the development and execution of Bishop Museum’s financial management strategy and oversight, and is directly responsible for the Accounting and Information Technology departments. The Vice President of Finance is also charged with developing and implementing sophisticated policies and procedures related to fiscal management of the Museum in order to advance the institution’s mission and strategic plan. This position is responsible for directing the Museum’s financial affairs in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, ensuring the Museum’s compliance with the requirements of governmental and other regulatory departments, and ensuring the Museum’s financial operations support its strategic and institutional priorities.
As a member of the organization’s senior management team, the Vice President of Finance acts as liaison to the Audit & Finance Committee of the Board of Directors; provide monthly financial statements to the Board as well as specialized financial reports as requested. This individual also: assists in the development of administrative and organizational policies and procedures; participates in strategic and program planning; and provides organizational leadership and emphasize the organization’s mission, vision and philosophy.
- Experienced leader and financial executive with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the not-for-profit field.
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Well organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
- Intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization.
- Good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- Excellent negotiator who is experienced in contracts.
- Decisive individual who possesses a “big picture” perspective.
- Must be proficient in general ledger, spreadsheet, database, and word processing programs.
- Masters in Business Administration degree (MBA) or equivalent; or eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA or CMA desired.
- Acts as a role model within and outside the organization.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates to help meet the organization’s goals.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about various organizational issues.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform the duties of the position.
Salary: $85,000 – $95,000
Deadline to Apply: Position will be posted until filled.
To Apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=bm1525&jobId=149114
For More Information: http://www.bishopmuseum.org/careers/