The Events Manager is directly responsible for event planning and management at the Museum. Events range from high end corporate events to weddings to birthday events, as well as museum events, programs and festivals. The Events Manager is responsible for providing outstanding experiences for the museum’s clients and patrons while adhering to all requisite policies and procedures set by Bishop Museum.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all operational details to ensure smooth execution of facility rentals at the museum once the ‘sale’ of the rental has been made by the venue sales staff member.
- Work with venue rental clients to finalize plans for catering, tent rental, entertainment and other aspects of the rental. Coordinate with external vendors as necessary.
- Manage a team who assist with the setup, management and delivery of venue rentals and internal events.
- Work facility rentals, which are often evening and/or weekend events, and serve as the primary museum contact to ensure success of the event. Make informed decisions on circumstances ranging from weather conditions to security coverage in order to keep the event working smoothly, while adhering to museum policies and to issues of safety and security.
- Provide operational support for Bishop Museum’s donor and member events, weekend programs, and community festival days. Coordinate event logistics with marketing, graphics, collections, research, facilities, and public programs. Assist with basic entertainment issues, such as recommending musicians for background music at events.
- Serve as the on-site representative for events; assist clients with any and all needs.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or at least three additional years of work in the event management field required.
- At least three years’ experience in managing events in the museum, hotel, hospitality industry or other field.
- Excellent, demonstrated organizational skills.
- Experience working with a diverse client, patron, or member base.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Fluent in audio-visual setup and operation, including working with sound systems, video projectors; some stage and lighting work desirable.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task in planning and executing venue rentals and other events simultaneously.
- Must be available to work when the events occur; position involves regular evening, holiday and weekend work.
- Professional, business-like appearance
- Supervisory experience
- Good attendance
- Detail oriented
- Valid Driver’s license and personal vehicle
Hours: Full-time; Variable hours, with regular weekend work expected each week; work hours vary depending on events, with evening shifts running as late as 11 pm.
Deadline to Apply: Application will remain open until position is filled.
For More Information: http://www.bishopmuseum.org/careers/