Under limited supervision, provide facility rental services to clients and their guests to insure a smooth and efficient event. Communicate and coordinate with other department staff in planning and executing event requirements.
- Ensure each event is set up according to the rental agreement as detailed on the events calendar.
- Set up Bishop Museum’s meeting spaces for various meetings and special requests.
- Coordinate with the caterers to insure timely delivery and pickup times.
- Provide assistance according to the diagrams of each event’s floor plan to insure proper setup.
- In all above cases, ensure that setup of room or hall is done in a timely manner.
- Serve as ‘onsite’ contact person for rental events when designated for that capacity.
- Assist with main phone system as needed and provide excellent customer service when responding to guest, client, and caller inquiries.
- Assist with site visits for potential renters.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- High School diploma and 1 year prior host/hostess experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Professional, business-like appearance.
- Good attendance record.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to manage setup of tables, chairs, audio visual equipment.
- Customer Service
- Multi-task Oriented
Hours: Part-Time; Variable hours based on timings of rentals; significant amount of weekend and evening hours.
Deadline to Apply: Application will remain open until position is filled.
For More Information: http://www.bishopmuseum.org/careers/