About Kona Historical Society
The Kona Historical Society (KHS) is a community based, non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization, Smithsonian Museum affiliate, with the only two permanent National Endowment for the Humanities exhibits in the State of Hawai‘i. Kona Historical Society was founded in 1976 on Hawai‘i Island for the purpose of collecting, preserving and disseminating the history of Kona and its cultural heritage within Hawai‘i.
Museum Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant provides high-level executive and administrative support to the Directors of the Kona Historical Society, a small, but growing non-profit museum. This position has a marketing component with social media content creation, writing some press releases and development support. The position also requires strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required. Experience with Past Perfect, Raiser’s Edge, or some other type of Non-Profit Development software is preferred.
Part time hours Monday through Thursday, anticipated to average 16 hours a week. May be asked to work some weekends for special events. Opportunities for advancement and professional development.
- Strong knowledge of Kona, Hawaii History and local traditions preferred;
- 2-5 years of experience working as an executive assistant and demonstrated office and administrative skills and abilities;
- skill in organizing work, defining tasks, setting priorities, working independently and following through on all assignments with minimal direction;
- proven ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines and work with a fluctuating and dynamic schedule and with little advanced notice;
- excellent communication skills to interact and effectively deal with museum patrons, donors, Board members, as well as with museum staff and volunteers;
- ability to discreetly and tactfully recognize and handle sensitive and confidential information;
- highly organized, efficient, and attentive to detail, with excellent follow-up skills;
- polished professional demeanor and phone manner with, and ability to assess priority and determine proper handling of, all staff and guests;
- excellent computer skills and demonstrated working knowledge of PCs and software, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word;
- advanced skills in creating charts, graphs, table formatting and mail merge functions.
How to apply:
Please email resume, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc: email@example.com and include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. Selected applicants will be contacted. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, we are regretfully unable to respond to phone calls and emails regarding the status of applications and the recruiting process.