The Reservationist Coordinator manages the Museum’s reservations, coordinating all museum group and school visits and booking for special museum experiences. In open and team-spirited manner, the position serve as the linchpin between the reservations team and other departments, including Visitor Experience, Education, Sales, and front of house, whose programs are booked through reservations and whose staff are needed to deliver programs for those bookings. The position supervises the team responsible for taking reservations and for covering the main information lines at Bishop Museum, while also performing those duties oneself. With the reservations team, and in coordination with the Museum’s Education and Visitor Experience departments, the position works out the visit plan for each school’s field trip the Bishop Museum. The Reservationist Coordinator greets and organizes schools on arrival. The position also books other group reservations, including adult groups and fee-based specialty experiences. The position serves as a receptionist for museum and ensure that the museum’s information and reservations lines are covered 100 per cent of the time during the key required hours (currently 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week).
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read/write/speak and communicate clearly in English (knowledge of other languages a plus)
- Ability to work well with others.
- High level of problem solving skills in taking reservations and in working with any situations that arise on the day of the visit
- Computer literate; Proficient at MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- At least one year’s supervisory experience
- Outstanding customer service skills, with excellent phone manner a must. High, demonstrated level of organizational skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and maintain composure.
- Familiar with landscape of Waikiki a plus
- Flexibility in working hours, as some evening and weekend work is required.
- Professional business like appearance
- Good Attendance
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in team-spirited manner with many different areas of the museum and with external customers.
- Capable of handling pressure when multi-tasking
Hours: Full-time, some weekend and holiday shifts
Deadline to Apply: Position will remain posted until filled.
For More Information: http://www.bishopmuseum.org/careers/