Assists as needed in a wide range of visitor experience roles at the museum, including: staffing temporary exhibits; working as receptionist on museum’s main phone line; managing traffic flow at such positions as the planetarium and the main entrance of museum; give presentations for public and school children as needed; working as facility rental assistant; doing basic cashiering for planetarium and special programs; working special events as a greeter and customer assistant. The specific assignments will vary based on each individual staff member and the specific needs of the museum.
Major Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Special Exhibits Guide
- Facility rental assistant
- Greeting/line management
Education and Experience
- High school degree required; college degree preferred.
- Ability to read/write/speak and communicate clearly in English.
- Experience in organizing programs and events (concert production and promotion, special event production and promotion, education event creation and promotion are all valued experiences for position).
- Knowledge of Hawai‘i business field, concert field, entertainment field preferred.
- Ability to understand, retain, and effectively communicate information about the Museum’s history, grounds, exhibits, merchandise, events, and policies to team members and visiting Guests in a polite and professional manner with the “aloha spirit” under stressful conditions.
- Ability to work with minimum amount of supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task and prioritize workload with thorough completion in a timely manner.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently operate and use all equipment necessary to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate an outgoing and friendly personality.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic by taking the initiative to identify departmental needs and assisting with or taking ownership, correcting or implementing steps to remedy or improve the work environment, process, Guest experience, etc.
- Must be fully computer literate, with demonstrated ability to set up sound systems, connect lap tops to LCD projectors, and troubleshoot problems.
- Professional appearance
- Valid Hawaii Driver License
- Ability to lift and move chairs (5 lbs each) and to move tables (40 lbs each) for event setup and takedown
Compensation: $11.00 – $12.00/hour
Deadline to Apply: Position will remain open until filled.
To Apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=bm1525&jobId=149152
For More Information: http://www.bishopmuseum.org/careers/